Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Free People's Defense Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
- Anessen -
Man-at-Arms

re: Relevant U10 Release Notes

I've pulled some PvMP-related snippets from the release notes that came out today for Bullroarer build 1 (B1):

notes wrote:
Monster Play

Freep Battlefield Promotions

Freeps now gain a Battlefield Promotion effect for each PvMP Rank they earn.
Battlefield Promotions grant bonus Health, Power and Damage for each Glory Rank the player has.
Battlefield Promotions are only active while in the Ettenmoors.

more notes wrote:
Critical Defence Changes

Monster Play
The amount of Critical Defence provided by the innate Armour Passive has been reduced. We wanted to create more parity between Freep and Creep access to Critical Defence and felt that the base values were so high they did not encourage investment in Critical Protection Corruptions.
The amount of Critical Defence provided by Critcial Protection Corruptiosn has been increased to 1376 per Corruption.

Critical Rating Revision

Critical Rating now increases both chance to critically hit and the magnitudes of both your critical and devastating critical hits. Critical Hit chance caps or conversion rates have not been altered by this change.
All skills (unless otherwise stated in the skill) have a base 1.5x Critical Damage and 2.0 Devastating Critical Damage. Critical Rating now adds to those values.
Critical Defence's conversion rate to Critical Damage Reduction has been modified to be a counter stat to Critical Rating.
Critical Defence will now be available on Armour, Jewelry, and Shields for all classes.

even more notes wrote:

Stat Changes

Fate has undergone a rather large revamp and should now provide much more noticeable effects on ICPR as players stat into it. Will and Power have also undergone noticeable changes, as Will will no longer contribute to players' power pools. Instead, players will receive an increased amount of Power at each level (50/level for non Will-users and 65/level for Will-users), and all skill costs will now be based on a percentage of this power. Each class has also undergone adjustements to their overall power consumption/restoration rates in an attempt to normalize combat longevity.
Agility will now provide 1 point of crit rating whereas Fate will provide 2.5
Will now provides 2 points of Tactical Mitigation to compensate for the loss of power contribution
Wardens will now derive their mastery ratings from both Might and Agility. Once U11 hits, these ratings will only be derived from Agility.
Champions will now receive 6 points of Parry from Might rather than 4 points of Block and 2 points of Parry

guess what? more notes wrote:
The following weapons have received Slayer Types:

Coldfells Vengeance
Seeker's Blade
Inquisitor's Edge

notes from the first age wrote:
Crafting

Recipes for First Age weapons and class items can now be found on the Legendary Craft Guild NPCs.

Last edited by - Anessen - on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Anessen (95) Burglar || Aranedain (86) Champion || Bevin (21) Minstrel || Daugon (48) Captain || Davito (27) Guardian
Delorien (37) Hunter || Meldiron (23) Warden || Roherdiron (20) Lore-master || Torelgrim (53) Rune-keeper
Ishotboromir (R7) Blackarrow :: Marshwiggle (R6) Defiler :: Raknakh (R8) Reaver
Gnashnakh (R6) Stalker :: Urdanakh (R6) Warleader :: Lobnakh (R7) Weaver
guitarguy12410
Initiate

Yeah I dove into the forums today and saw those posts myself. Can't wait for the freep battelfield promotions :D
- Anessen -
Man-at-Arms

Yeah, I'm excited for a number of things, freep BP certainly being one.

Anessen (95) Burglar || Aranedain (86) Champion || Bevin (21) Minstrel || Daugon (48) Captain || Davito (27) Guardian
Delorien (37) Hunter || Meldiron (23) Warden || Roherdiron (20) Lore-master || Torelgrim (53) Rune-keeper
Salvuccio
Initiate

Battlefield promotions! That's cool...can't wait to be back in game then! :P
See you all soon

Notes from Build 2 (B2): http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?500173-UPDATE-10-PRELIMINARY-RELEASE-NOTES-Bullroarer-Only-(2)-SUBJECT-TO-CHANGE

Key points for PvMP:
Sapience wrote:
Monster Play

Standardized un-traited creep power pools
Adjusted power costs, restoration effects, and ICPR buffs on all skills to provide creeps with a similar treatment that the Freeps have received. With these changes, Creeps should find that they are able to actively participate in combat for longer periods of time. Although many restoration effects and buffs have been reduced, innate power expenditure should be at a much more manageable point.

Reaver

Increased base ICPR rate
Increased the cooldown of Time-Out to 90s and reduced power return and ICPR buff
Decreased the power return of Wrath
Reduced the power restore of Against All Odds while traited

Weaver
Reduced the power restore on Feast
Reduced the ICPR provided by Drinker of Blood

Blackarrow
Increased base ICPR rate
Reduced the power restore on Centre
Reduced the ICPR provided by Tireless Warrior
Reduced the power drain effect on Toxin

Warleader
Increased base ICPR rate
Decreased the ICPR provided by Command Post
Increased the power restored by Quitters Never Win
Reduced the ICPR provided by Empowering
Reduced the ICPR provided by Tireless Warrior

Stalker
Increased the ICPR provided by Shadow stance

Defiler
Reduced the power drain/restore effects on Plague of Flies

Freep Battlefield Promotions

Freeps now gain a Battlefield Promotion effect for each PvMP Rank they earn.
Battlefield Promotions grant bonus Health, Power and Damage for each Glory Rank the player has.
Battlefield Promotions are only active while in the Ettenmoors.

Six new Critical Rating Corruptions have been added to all Monsterplay classes.

Sapience also wrote:
Items

The Hytbold and level 85 Ettenmoors sets have seen their stats change to reflect the Fate alterations.
(Bullroarer Only)The new Erebor armor sets are available at the Skirmish camp of your choice.
(Bullroarer Only)New Rohan ring upgrades are available at the Eastemnet Shields, Weapons, Jewellery Quartermasters.

Armor Sets
Armor sets which give players skill modifying set bonuses have been altered. They will no longer give players stat boosts in addition to skill modifying bonuses. In addition, skill modifying set bonuses have been standardized to be on the 2-set and 4-set bonuses. This allows for greater freedom in variety for what the player can wear, and allows for equipment to be swapped in and out without worrying about losing additional stats from set bonuses, which were becoming increasingly more powerful with each set, to allow the new set to be an upgrade from the previous.

The following Warden armor sets have been converted to have Agility given in place of Might:

Armour of the Tireless Sentinel
Armour of the Spear-way
Armour of the Fist-way
Armour of the Shield-way
Armour of the Aithlen
Armour of the Thamen
Armour of the Porbad
Armour of the Hytbold Spear
Armour of the Hytbold Shield
Armour of the Hytbold Fist
Armour of the Wall-warden (level 85)
Armour of the Spear-lord (level 75 and 85)
Armour of Solidarity (level 75 and 85)
Armour of Vigilance (level 75 and 85)

Things that stand out to me:

Flies getting nerfed (maybe required because of the changes to freep power?) Also, it seems like no one is supposed to run out of power within the first minute or two of a fight now (freeps or creeps). To me this is a welcome change, as my least favorite reason for losing a fight was that they took all my power in half a minute and I could do nothing about it.

Creeps are getting critical rating corruptions. This means that they will be able to increase their dps through both crit frequency and magnitude, though it will require them slotting these traits in favor of others available. Crit defense may become pretty necessary for freeps in response.

Armour set bonuses moved to 2/4 instead of 3/5, and stat bonuses removed. This is a big deal, if you ask me. So we no longer get the extra stats from sets (nerf, for sure), BUT we get to have one more set bonus that modifies a skill. This could be highly advantageous depending on the freep class. Time to look at all the other set bonuses that you might have ignored before because you just didn't have room for it. What set bonuses can we mix for more effectiveness now, I wonder?

- Anessen -
Man-at-Arms

Looks like something may have been left out of the Patch Notes as well: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?499806-Mordirith-s-Brand-Fixed

Assuming this is true, I'm not surprised at the nerf. It will be nice to not have to combat this brand in the majority of fights when trying to roam the map... It will be especially important to get those creeps who have the brand into combat when battle is joined.

Malegond
Footman

- Anessen - wrote:
Looks like something may have been left out of the Patch Notes as well: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?499806-Mordirith-s-Brand-Fixed

Assuming this is true, I'm not surprised at the nerf. It will be nice to not have to combat this brand in the majority of fights when trying to roam the map... It will be especially important to get those creeps who have the brand into combat when battle is joined.

At this time this has not been confirmed on BR. And I have been hitting refresh as often as I can on this thread.

Uwish=Minstrel (95) :: Astoras=Burglar (77) :: Wulfer=Champion (95) :: Malegond=Captain (95) :: Murgest=Guardian (85) :: Tellum=Hunter (79) Magolgon=Warden (75) :: Belley=Lore-master (85) :: Mirdalstir=Rune-keeper (95) :: Mallgond=Guardian (63)
- Anessen -
Man-at-Arms

Well, Bullroarer Build 3 has hit today, and look what's happening:

Sapience wrote:
General

The damage per second of level 85 weapons has increased, especially 2nd and 1st age LIs.

Power

Burglar
Increased application chance of Mischievous Delight to 50% and increased power restored

Captain
Slightly reduced the power restore of Imporved Defensive Strike
Reduced the Fate contribution from In Defence of Middle-Earth
Reduced the ICPR buff from Herald/Banner of Hope
Slightly Reduced the ICPR buff from Tactic-Focus and Song-Brother

Hunter
Reduced the power restore of Press Onward
Reduced the power restore of Strength of Earth slightly

Lore-master
Reduced power drain effect on Power of Knowledge
Slightly reduced power restore effect on Power of Knowledge

Minstrel
Reduced the Fate contribution from Tale of Heroism

Rune keeper
Reduced the power heal on Rune of Restoration

Monster Play

Items - Warden - Sealed Insignia of the Boar will now increase Boar's Rush Critical chance. Old Daze application chance was no longer valuable given changes to the Gambit.
Items - Warden - Armour of Fror 4-piece Set Bonus will now increase Boar's Rush Critical chance. Old Daze application chance was no longer valuable given changes to the Gambit.
Wargs should now have access to Critical Rating Corruptions.
The amount of Critical Rating granted from the Critical Rating corruptions has been increased.
The Black Venom Weaver appearance trait was briefly applying an incorrect appearance. This has been changed back to the orriginal, intended appearance.
All brands and Insignia that gave 60 seconds of immunity to various Crowd Control effects have had their effect durations reduced to 20 seconds.
Using any Brand or Insignia results in a 60 second lock out from using another.

Fixed a bug that was giving new Creeps rank 9 food on creation. New Creeps should now receive the appropriate food.
Fixed a bug that was causing the Barter List Names to display the wrong item level.

Critical Defence (BULLROARER ONLY)
We have restored the base Critical Defence values for the Creeps. Due to changes in the point to percent conversion for Critical Defence we felt no more reductions were needed.
Rank 1 Armour Passive now grants 800 instead of 600 Critical Defence.

Items
Escape From Darkness Armour Set Cooldown Mods
Armour Set bonuses that reduce the cooldown of Escape from Darkness have been unified to a reduction of 150s each. This is being done to prevent Escape From Darkness cooldown being reduced to 0s.

My thoughts:

More dps on our LIs. Just have to wonder how much, I guess... I don't think we need much, especially with the other changes going into effect.

Yay, burg's will be able to keep power up finally! Unfortunately, it looks like the other classes are getting power nerfs. Then again, maybe this is balancing things and still okay considering all the other power changes/Fate? My guess is that these things are being nerfed in lieu of Fate's potency, at least.

And can we all breathe a sigh of relief about the brands?!?! :D It's about time. Now if only they would make the brands work out-of-combat only.

Crit hit defence gets nerfed (yields less % reduction), but creep corruptions get buffed. Seems to make Crit Defence less valuable for us, while creeps will also have to invest more heavily into those corruptions to get the benefits?

Finally, I'm curious to know how low a Captain can get the Escape from Darkness cooldown using different armour sets with the change listed...[/b]

- Anessen -
Man-at-Arms

Itemization Dev Diary for Update 10: http://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles/update-10-itemization-information

- Anessen -
Man-at-Arms

Build 4 notes up today:

Sapience wrote:
Monster Play

Lainedhal's Insignia and Ak’lhun's Brand (ranks 1 through 14) are now usable in combat, provide a break out of negative combat states and no longer grant any immunity. Their cooldowns have also been reduced.
Rank 15 versions of Lainedhal's Insignia and Ak’lhun's Brand immunity granted has been reduced to 10 seconds, down from 20. The cooldown has been reduced as well.
Ak’lhun's Brands and Mordirith's Brand now share a cooldown channel. Using one will put the other on cooldown.
With these changes, the effect that prevented Brands or Insignia from being used back to back has been removed.

There are a number of other changes as well, mostly relating to power changes (something for about every class, freep and creep), which seem to be aimed at making things balanced with the new Fate/Power coming with Update 10. A lot of people are crying nerf, but it's really hard for me to tell what's needed and what's not since I don't play those classes, and I don't know if the people complaining have actually tested it in Bullroarer at all or not.

There's also this:

Sapience also wrote:
Raids, Instances and Skirmishes

(Bullroarer/Palantir Only) Loot should now be available in the appropriate instances.
Quests and Deeds from the In Their Absence cluster now award Medallions, instead of Medallions of the Northmen.
Quests from the Orthanc cluster now award Medallions, instead of Seals.
Tower of Orthanc and Draigoch's Lair no longer give Seals.
Mordirith's Brand should no longer drop from locked lootboxes.
(Bullroarer/Palantir Only)Erebor armor sets now require the level 85 In Defence of Erebor deeds for purchase.
(Bullroarer/Palantir Only) 1st Age Symbol costs have been increased.
The level 65 Ost Dunhoth barter profiles may now be purchased with marks and medallions at the vendors in Enedwaith
(Bullroarer/Palantir Only)Instances - Stoneheight - Chests in Stoneheight will now actually let you loot them.
(Bullroarer/Palantir Only)Instances - Inn of the Forsaken - Tier 2 will now spawn the Tier 2 chest, instead of both the Tier 1 and Tier 2 chests.

Emphasis mine. I look forward to seeing what loot drops in the new 6- and 12-mans, as well as what will come from the classic, scaling instances. Oh, there's also that bit about what will no longer drop in lootboxes...

- Anessen -
Man-at-Arms

The dev diaries keep coming and coming. Here and important one on Critical Defense changes: http://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles/update-10-critical-defence-revision

- Anessen -
Man-at-Arms

OFFICIAL RELEASE NOTES: http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Update_10,_Against_the_Shadow,Part_II_Official

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Free People's Defense Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum